Fayetteville, NY Mold Damage Remediation
Mold damage is a common consequence in Fayetteville homes and businesses, secondary in most cases to hidden or incompletely removed water and inadequate structural drying after a loss. Mold spores continuously present absorb moisture, including from the air, when relative humidity levels are higher than 60 percent. Colonies multiply 24 to 48 hours.
Do Mold-Infiltrated Materials Need Tear-Out and Disposal in Fayetteville?
The highly-qualified managers and technicians at SERVPRO of East Onondaga County evaluate each mold damage scenario with an open mind and a restorative approach. Remarkable success is obtainable as we follow the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protocols for mold remediation:
- Locate the mold
- Contain the affected space with 1.6 polypropylene sealed with negative pressure from air scrubbing equipment
- Mechanically remove the mold
- With brushes and scrapers on non-permeable surfaces
- With controlled abrasion on permeable materials like drywall, including soda or dry ice blasting that removes colonies and incapacitates deeply embedded mold hyphae
- Clear away and bag debris for lawful hazardous waste disposal, using HEPA filter-equipped vacuums and EPA-registered spray cleaners
- Disinfect the space and surfaces with broadcast and hand spraying of EPA-registered antimicrobials to inhibit mold rebound
Can Your Property in Fayetteville Remain Mold-Free?
Because of dormant spores' presence even after mold remediation, managing moisture in homes and commercial buildings is critical for mold control. SERVPRO of East Onondaga County guides customers after remediation to ensure your property remains dry, averting mold growth.
Read more about professional mold remediation.
SERVPRO of East Onondaga County
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (315) 446-8776
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because it’s impossible to remove all mold from a house or business; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of East Onondaga County is locally owned and operated, so we’re already nearby and ready to help Fayetteville residents and business owners with any size mold contamination.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Syracuse, NY
- Fayetteville, NY
- East Syracuse, NY
- Manlius, NY
- Jamesville, NY
- Dewitt, NY
- Kirkville, NY
- Minoa, NY
- Pompey, NY
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property. Learn about our water damage training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (315) 446-8776
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use powerful air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and other filtration equipment to remove microscopic mold spores out of the air. This air filtration process and our mold containment process help to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. It may be necessary to remove and dispose of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, to remediate heavy mold growth.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of East Onondaga County will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
During the remediation process, it’s often necessary to remove porous building materials like subfloors, drywall, and carpet. The restoration step returns your Fayetteville, NY home or business back to normal. Depending on the severity of mold damage, the restoration step may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, or it may involve a substantial reconstruction project.
SERVPRO knows Mold
In Fayetteville, NY, SERVPRO of East Onondaga County is ready to tackle and resolve any mold issues that arise. SERVPRO professionals understand the anxiety that can happen when a homeowner uncovers mold. Let us help put your worries to rest. Our knowledgeable crew is ready with the gear needed to tackle any mold job. Reach us at (315) 446-8776 - We’re ready to activate our team to remediate your mold.