Fayetteville, NY Mold Damage Remediation
Mold damage is a common consequence in Fayetteville homes and businesses, secondary in most cases to hidden or incompletely removed water and inadequate structural drying after a loss. Mold spores continuously present absorb moisture, including from the air, when relative humidity levels are higher than 60 percent. Colonies multiply 24 to 48 hours.
Do Mold-Infiltrated Materials Need Tear-Out and Disposal in Fayetteville?
The highly-qualified managers and technicians at SERVPRO of East Onondaga County evaluate each mold damage scenario with an open mind and a restorative approach. Remarkable success is obtainable as we follow the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protocols for mold remediation:
- Locate the mold
- Contain the affected space with 1.6 polypropylene sealed with negative pressure from air scrubbing equipment
- Mechanically remove the mold
- With brushes and scrapers on non-permeable surfaces
- With controlled abrasion on permeable materials like drywall, including soda or dry ice blasting that removes colonies and incapacitates deeply embedded mold hyphae
- Clear away and bag debris for lawful hazardous waste disposal, using HEPA filter-equipped vacuums and EPA-registered spray cleaners
- Disinfect the space and surfaces with broadcast and hand spraying of EPA-registered antimicrobials to inhibit mold rebound
Can Your Property in Fayetteville Remain Mold-Free?
Because of dormant spores' presence even after mold remediation, managing moisture in homes and commercial buildings is critical for mold control. SERVPRO of East Onondaga County guides customers after remediation to ensure your property remains dry, averting mold growth.
Read more about professional mold remediation.
SERVPRO of East Onondaga County
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (315) 446-8776
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
SERVPRO of East Onondaga County is locally owned and operated, so we are part of the Fayetteville community too. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help. We’re also part of a network of over 1,700, including special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large-scale fire, water, and storm disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Syracuse, NY
- Fayetteville, NY
- East Syracuse, NY
- Manlius, NY
- Jamesville, NY
- Dewitt, NY
- Kirkville, NY
- Minoa, NY
- Pompey, NY
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (315) 446-8776
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
To keep the mold spores from spreading further, we will use various mold containment procedures. Our professionals may use physical barriers and negative air pressure to isolate the contaminated area and to help prevent the mold spores from spreading through your Fayetteville, NY home or business. Also, we’ll turn off the property’s fans and heating and cooling systems to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use powerful air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and other filtration equipment to remove microscopic mold spores out of the air. This air filtration process and our mold containment process help to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of East Onondaga County will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
SERVPRO knows Mold
Here at SERVPRO of East Onondaga County we understand what it takes to properly remediate a mold situation in Fayetteville, NY. Encountering mold can be worrisome for any homeowner, but SERVPRO is here to put your mind at ease. We have the right tools and trained professionals to get the job done right. Give us a call at (315) 446-8776 and we will be on our way to help.